The White Pine Kitchen is a new virtual restaurant delivering curated, pre-fixe menu dinners to Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti twice weekly. Our goal is to deliver a restaurant quality dining experience to people's homes, with a new menu for every service. Each meal is unique and highlights a different region or cuisine.
We’re looking for an experienced prep cook to help us scale our operation and deliver more meals each week to meet rising demand. You will be responsible for helping maintain our established high standards in terms of quality of food and proper sanitation, while also helping us execute new recipes for each service. This is a dynamic position that is unlike a traditional prep cook role: everyday will be something new. While we are a new company, we have been growing quickly so the position can grow as we do.
We work out of a commercial “ghost” kitchen and cook on Monday and Saturday evenings between 3pm and 12am. This is a part time position and the pay is $15 / hour. Because our operation differs from a normal restaurant, with all of our dinners pre-ticketed, we’ll enter every shift together knowing exactly how much we need to cook. This means no short orders, no dishes sent back to the kitchen, and (hopefully) no surprises.
If you have a thorough understanding of sanitation, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, basic knife skills, and a passion for making delicious food, we encourage you to apply today!
- Has experience in the food service industry or knowledge of a commercial kitchen
- Has basic knife skills
- Attention to detail is especially important, given the changing menus for each service
- Available on Saturday and Monday nights
- Passion for making delicious food from all over the world
- Protect customers by adhering to sanitation and safety standards and company policies
- Maintain the kitchen by sanitizing prep areas before and after use and making sure that all knives and critical equipment are cleaned throughout the shift
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems or product shortages
- Execute recipes to specification in a timely fashion
- Assist with packaging of dishes once prepared
If you’re interested in applying for the Prep Cook Position, please click the "Apply Now" button below!